Voter Registration

This page has all of the information you need to determine if you are eligible to vote and walks you through the registration process step-by-step.

Am I Registered?....

Qualifications to Register:

In order to vote in the next election, you must meet all of the requirements below. Please keep in mind, Idahoans can register to vote in advance of the election or when they arrive to vote at the polls.

  • You must be 18 by Election Day
  • You must be a U.S. citizen
  • You must have lived in Bingham County for 30 days prior to Election Day
  • Provide valid photo identification 
    • Idaho Driver's License or ID Card
    • U.S. Passport or Federal Photo ID Card
    • Tribal ID Card
    • Concealed Weapons License Issued by a County Sheriff in Idaho
  • You must provide either a state ID number or the last four digits of your social security number
  • You must provide proof of residency 
    • Above Photo ID with Correct Address
    • Proof of Insurance
    • Mortgage, Lease or Rental Agreement
    • Property Tax Assessment, Bill or Receipt
    • Utility Bill (No Cell Bills)
    • Bank/Credit Card Statement
    • Paystub/Paycheck
    • Intake Doc to Care Facility
    • Enrollment Letter from Idaho H.S. or University
    • Letter from Social Service Agency
  • Felons may not register until they have completed the terms of their sentence

Register to Vote

Voters have three options to register to vote. You can register online, print out a voter registration form and mail it to our office or register at the polls. Military or overseas (UOCAVA) voters can visit to register and request a ballot.

Register to Vote Online

Download Voter Registration Form

Once you fill out the form, print it and send it to our office.
501 N Maple #205
Blackfoot, ID 83221

If you choose to register to vote at the polls, please make sure you bring all the required documents as outlined above.

Designate a Political Party

When you register to vote, you have the option to affiliate with a political party. However, voters may change or declare their party affiliation by completing the form below and mailing it to our office or emailing to

Download Party Affiliation Form