Marriage License

Pamela W. Eckhardt, Clerk

General Information
Phone Numbers
Fax: 208-785-4131
Emergencies: Dial 911
501 N Maple St

Monday - Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm

Marriage licenses are issued in the Recorder's Office located at the Bingham County Courthouse Room #107.

The Recorder's Office is open
Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
and is closed on state holidays.

If you are going to be married in Idaho, you must obtain a marriage license. If you are going to be married in another state, you will need to obtain a license from that state of which you will be married in.
You will need:

  1. Both parties need to appear together at a County Recorder’s Office.
  2. $30 fee for marriage license
  3. A social security number for each applicant. Non-U.S. residents should bring identification from the country in which they are a citizen. No SSN? Obtain a letter from the nearest Social Security Office.
  4. One of the following as proof of identity and age:
     Current driver’s license
    State-issued identification card
    Original birth certificate or certified copy

Please visit our most frequently asked questions page regarding marriage license. After reading this helpful information if you still have questions, please feel free to contact the Clerks Office for further information.
Marriage Frequently Asked Questions