Traffic Citation Information
WAYS TO PAY:
- Mail your payment (with your citation) to:
Bingham County Magistrate Court
501 N. Maple Street, #402
Blackfoot, ID 83221
- Drop Box - in front of the Courthouse (enclose your payment in an envelope that contains your name and include your citation number on the payment/check)
- Online at: https://mycourts.idaho.gov/odysseyportal
- In person at the Magistrate Court windows at 501 N. Maple Street, Blackfoot, ID 83221
- Telephone (208) 782-3120
TO DENY AND SET FOR A PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE
- In person: Enter a not guilty plea at the Magistrate Court windows.
- Mail: Mail a copy of your citation with the "denial box" checked on the back of the citation. Please follow-up within 7-10 days if you have not heard from the Courts.
- E-Mail: E-mail a statement of your denial to the citation and make a request for a Pre-Trial Conference to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow-up within 7-10 days if you have not heard from the Courts.
Your case will then be set for a Pre-Trial Conference where you MUST appear and meet with the prosecuting attorney. If you do not attend the Pre-Trial Conference, a default judgment will be entered against you. ** You DO NOT attend Traffic Court. **
NO INSURANCE CITATION
Did you have insurance coverage at the time you received the citation?
For dismissal of the no insurance citation, your options are:
- Deliver a printed certificate of liability to the Magistrate Court windows.
- Have your insurance company fax or email your certificate of liability to:
Please follow-up with the Courts by calling (208) 782-3120, to ensure your certificate of liability was received and processed.
What happens if you did not have insurance coverage?
- You will receive a letter from the Idaho Transportation Department advising you of the requirement to have an SR-22 filing from your insurance company and a request to pay the Idaho Transportation Department an $85.00 fee, in order to keep your driver's license active.
- For additional information, you may call the Idaho Transportation Department at (208) 334-8735.