Prospective jurors should call (208) 782-0569 for upcoming jury trial reporting information.
The Bingham County Jury Duty Department is located on the first floor of the Bingham County Courthouse Room #107.
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Prospective Juror: You may be asked to participate in our judicial process by serving as a juror in Bingham County Seventh Judicial District Court. Your participation is vital in helping to ensure that the constitutional right to a trial by jury will guarantee the protection of life, liberty, and property.
In accordance with IDAHO CODE 2-206 a certified jury list has been created from the Voter Registration and Idaho Driver’s License files. You have been selected, at random, to be a prospective juror.
IDAHO CODE 2-217 provides that a person summoned for jury service who fails to appear or to complete jury service as directed shall be ordered by the court to appear forthwith and show cause why he/she shouldn’t be jailed, fined or both, for failing to fulfill their jury responsibilities. Fines are not more than $500.00 or imprisonment in the county jail for not more than five days or both .
1. In filling out your qualification form, if no disqualifications or exemptions apply, turn the form over and fill out the back.
2. Return the Qualification Form within 10 days. How will I be notified - Watch your mail for a Summons which will advise you of the date, time and courtroom to appear in. The Summons will be mailed approximately two weeks before the trial date .
3. When a summons is received, you may call (208) 782-0569 after 5:00 p.m. a couple of days before your trial date, especially remember to call the evening before your trial date for current instructions regarding your jury duty. Your trial date may have been canceled or moved to
If you find you have a conflict serving on your assigned jury, you may request a postponement. To request a postponement you must submit a written request to the commission immediately. Along with your personal request you will need documentation to verify your request, i.e., copy of airline tickets, doctor’s written confirmation, employer’s letter, etc. You will be notified if your postponement has been granted.
Please make proper arrangements with employers, babysitters, etc. Children and/or work are not usually an excuse from jury service.
Jurors appearing for court will receive $25.00 for each half day served.
Jurors appearing for court will receive $50.00 for each full day served.
Jurors will receive mileage reimbursement (round trip) calculated from a juror's residence to the Bingham County Courthouse.
If you are serving on a jury trial and an emergency occurs, your family members may contact the Jury Commissioner’s Office at (208) 782-3157, before 5:00 p.m.
1.Your term is for four months. During that time you may receive one to four summons. The summons will tell you the date, time and courtroom to
2. If you are selected and serve as a juror, you may make a written request to the commission to be excused from the rest of your term.
3. Dress appropriately. Uniforms are not acceptable.
4. Be on time and allow the entire day for your jury service. Do not bring children.
5. Please call the Jury Office for personal assistance at (208) 782-3157.
Your participation is important and appreciated. We sincerely hope you will find your jury service to be an interesting and rewarding experience.
Please visit our most Frequently Asked Questions page regarding jury duty.